Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Bee's Eye View

I always forget that the cognitive but no ability to communicate phase around 15 months is followed by one of the best at 18+ months.  Hudson's vocabulary and perspective on the world is hilarious, and gives way to new vocabulary for the rest of us.

Some favorites:

HULLLLOOOOOO!
HEY! (says it just like his mother-- this is not good, it is in a scolding way)
eee-oww (sounds like meow, but this is what he calls his Pandas, which apparently make this sound)
A-LA-LA-- to tell you that he wants to read "Moo-Baa-LaLaLa"
"Bufs" -- to tell you that he wants to read "Wheels on the Bus"
Baba Bla -- to tell you that he wants to read "Baby Beluga"

Andy especially likes his pathetic whispers, like when he is missing someone, such his beloved Papa.  It is a whispered breathy "Pa-pa"....
There is Ma-ma, Da-da, Ba-Ba (Grandma), Nana, Papa, Aidan (sounds like the French way to pronounce this), and then Caleb is "Dih".

And of course, the reversal of no and yes, or just the replacement of yes with no.  I guess if you have to say one of them all of the time, better to at least say no, because then you always have control.  I always correct him when he should say "yes", then he says "yeth".

He is a big kisser (I guess I am to blame). He recently has started grabbing my face and planting a big smooch on the lips... Not sure that is good or bad, but it certainly is always surprising!

Just a little Bee's Eye View...

No comments: